piratequ33n

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

a pretty swell pi day

PIE!!!

i had to work today, which kinda sucked. but: one of my coworkers in cubicleandia overheard that it was my birthday, and without telling anyone else, procured a cake for the meeting i facilitated this afternoon.

furthermore: diane sang happy birthday into my work voicemail. wendy, janet, emek, susan, kat, liza, heidi, and my brother jim all left birthday messages on my voicemail. during my drive from p.h. back to oaktown today, jean made me laugh, and laughed at my jokes, and praised me bountifully. then tonight olgie bought me a fine fine supper and then we had lime PI(e). 'cause it's Pi day. i hope i don't have to explain that to any of you.

i had my tupperware with me at the restaurant and i scooped half of my dinner into there before i started eating. every time i do that, it's with a spasm of anxiety ("what if it's not enough?"), and every time -- it's plenty. what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over.

marinating in gratitude, me.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jean Sirius said...

huzzah for you, and huzzah for gratitude. it's a wonderful sea to swim in, and sail on. may you have many more years of sailing. and plenty booty as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home